We hope to add some of her work for arts/crafts magazines ...
- Mother Of All The Behans: an autobiography of Kathleen Behan as told to Brian Behan (1984), nominally by Brian Behan but largely ghosted by Abigail as related here
» Hutchinson hardback: Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com
» Vintage paperback: Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com
New River Blues
With Roz Kaveney: seven issues, 1979-1982
- No ½ (1979) -- no cover art
» Yorcon '79 Report (with RK)
» Shirtslight Tattoo
- No 1½ (1979) -- cover, "Gulp!"
» Seacon '79 Report (with RK)
» Tattoo Much, Far Out
» Arts and Draughts
- No 2 (Easter 1980) -- cover and back cover, The History of the Haggis [PDF]
» Second Thermidor (Level 1)
- No 3 (October 1980) -- cover [PDF]
» Eight Myles High
» Operation Meltdown
- No 4 (December 1980) -- cover, John Lennon Memorial Issue [PDF]
» She Loves You, Yeah Yeah Yeah
- No 5 (July 1981) -- cover [PDF]
» Cutler in Docklands Horror
» Towards a Feminist Reassessment
» The Rot Starts Here
- No 6 (Spring 1982) -- cover, Martians Invade Isle of Dogs [PDF]
» Toughminded Straighttalking Viciously Elitist Ivory Tower Blues
» Why You Should Be a Socialist
- Duplicators for Poland (a Cause, 1981) [PDF]
- Le Nouveau Revue Bleu (1983) -- cover [PDF]
» Masthead & Editorial
- Tales from the Slag-Heap (1984) with Helen Starkey -- cover, Langdon Chart of British Fandom [PDF]
» Commentary on cover
- Distressed Fanwriters' Aid Association (1988 or 1989)
- A Word from Your New Maximum Leader (1989)
- The Updated Reptile (July 1990) -- solo fill-in issue of The Intermediate Reptile
- ConFacts and -- Confound It! (1990) -- spoof issue of ConFacts and ConFictions
- Not in Knightsbridge any more (1993, unfinished and unpublished)
The Women's Periodical
An amateur press association for women only
At the request of Caroline Mullan, some mailing comments in issues for which she supplied scans have been removed: [Deleted]. Passing mentions of apa members' names have generally been allowed to stand; also longer comments which seem uncontroversial or where the member addressed has given permission (see Credits below).
- Mailing 0 (May 1982) -- The Thin Dead Line
- Mailing 1 (August 1982) -- cover [PDF] and The East Is Pink
- Mailing 3 (November 1982) -- Low Technology
- Mailing 4 (January 1983) -- cover [PDF] and Scraps from the Table
- Mailing 5 (February or March 1983) -- Swinging Monsters
- Mailing 6 (May 1983) -- Running Commentary
- Mailing 7 (June or July 1983) -- A Iz Fer Orsiz
- Mailing 8 (August 1983) -- cover [PDF] and Fairy Bells
- Mailing 10 (November 1983) -- The Smiler with the Knife
- (1984?) Defunctive Music I: Siren Song
- Part of Why on Earth (FRANK'S APA, June 1984) was also circulated through TWP
- ... other contributions not seen by the webmaster
An amateur press association
- Mailing 1 (October 1983) -- Hello, Frank ...
- Mailing 2 (November 1983) -- Quote of the Week
- Mailing 4 (February 1984) -- Give Us Back Our 31 Days!
- Mailing 5 (March 1984) -- Time for a Quickie!
- Mailing 7 (May 1984) -- Back Coming
- Mailing 8 (June 1984) -- Why on Earth
- Mailing 10 (August 1984) -- Goodbye Frank
- Mailing 14 (December 1984) -- Splinters and Mysteries
- Mailing 16 (February 1985) -- A Mitcham Mint/Notes & Queries
- Mailing 19 (May 1985) -- The End
Edited or co-edited
- Mexicon 2 -- The Fanzine (February 1986)
- Cactus Times: Mexicon 2 daily newsletter (4 issues plus extras, February 1986) with Mike Hamilton
- The Intermediate Reptile (11 issues, 1989-1990) with Caroline Mullan and others -- general UK newsletter produced as work experience for ...
- ConFacts and ConFictions: ConFiction (World SF Convention 1990, The Hague) daily newsletter (12 issues, 1990) with Caroline Mullan and others
- Mexicon IV Programme Book (May 1991) -- cover art by Harry Bell
» Welcome to Mexicon IV
» Slouching Towards Oblivion
- Cactus Times: Mexicon 4 daily newsletter (May 1991; extra issue November 1991) with various others
- Mexicon 5 Programme Book (May 1993) with Charles Stross
- Cactus Times: Mexicon 5 daily newsletter (May 1993) with various others
Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure
Four issues (we think), 1989-1992
- Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure (1989)
- Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure: The Scholarly Edition (1989)
- Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure: Up the Tollgate (199?)
- Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure: Chairing the Member (April 1992)
- The Key to All Mythologies -- previously unpublished glossary of allusions in the above (1992)
Two issues, 1989-1990
- No 1 (May 1989)
» Inner City Life (pagefillers)
» Things They Never Said (pagefillers)
» Division Street
» Letter v Spirit
» A New Concept in Fan Controversy
- No 2 (September 1990) -- cover art by Arthur (Atom) Thomson [PDF]
» R.I.P. Tile
» From Here to Conspiracy
» [Untitled tailpiece]
TransAtlantic Fan Fund
- Election Special (February-May 1991) -- four unnumbered campaign flyers
- In Progress (1993)
- The Frost Report (US trip notes, Ansible 74, September 1993)
- Letter from America (October 1993) -- continuing the above. Excerpted in Ansible but not previously published in full.
- TAFF Talk (Autumn 1994)
In others' fanzines
Langford-edited productions except where stated; also includes unpublished letters
- On Mice and Earl Grey (letter, Twll-Ddu 18, August 1980)
- The One Tun: 2 July 1981 (Ansible 19, July 1981
- Brothers, Sisters, We Don't Need This Fascist Groove Thang (letter published as article, Stomach Pump 3 ed. Steve Higgins, January 1982)
- The Ansible Literary Supplement (fanzine reviews, Ansible 23, January/February 1982)
- Making the Best of It (fanzine reviews, Ansible 26, June 1982)
- This is Cactus Country (Mexicon 1 report, Ansible 39, August 1984)
- Life's Little Ironies: The FOULER Boys (Stomach Pump 6 ed. Steve Higgins, November 1984)
- Cooking in a Hotel Room (Fanfoodery or The Plain Fan's Guide to Happy Eating ed. John and Eve Harvey, 1987)
- Yesterday in Parliament (The Co-Operative Cauliflower 1 ed. Harry Bond, March 1989)
- The Novacon 21 Tradition (Ansible 53, December 1991)
- Letter to David Langford (17 February 1992, unpublished)
- Letter to Simon Polley (9 May 1992, unpublished?)
- Interesting Times (1992/3, intended for Trap Door ed. Robert Lichtman but unsubmitted and unpublished)
- Letter to New Statesman and Society (1993, unpublished)
- McGonagall's "Ode to The Scottish Convention" with David Langford (Ansible 89½, Xmas 1994)
- Arnold Akien provided some 1980s photographs.
- Sandra Bond helped with the bibliography, spotted various date and link errors, photocopied "Life's Little Ironies" for scanning, and rekeyed the letter/article "Brothers, Sisters ...".
- Pat Charnock gave permission for TWP mailing comments addressed to her to be included.
- Rob Hansen compiled the list of FRANK'S APA contributions and scanned Hello, Frank ..., Back Coming and Election Special #3.
- Roz Kaveney gave her blessing, and provided a recent photograph.
- Linda Krawecke gave permission for TWP mailing comments addressed to her (as Linda Pickersgill or Administrator) to be included.
- David Langford constructed and maintains this site.
- Robert Lichtman sent scans of Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure 1 and 2, the Tales from the Slag-Heap "Langdon Chart" cover, and several FRANK'S APA contributions. Robert also unearthed the WordPerfect 4.2 text of the published "Yesterday in Parliament" and the unpublished "The Key to All Mythologies", "Interesting Times", etc, from a disk Abigail sent him in 1993.
- Helen McCarthy gave permission for TWP mailing comments addressed to her to be included.
- Caroline Mullan scanned various Frost contributions to The Women's Periodical (TWP).
- Maureen Speller gave permission for TWP mailing comments addressed to her (as Maureen Porter) to be included.
- Lisa Tuttle gave permission for TWP mailing comments addressed to her to be included.